Friday, November 9, 2012

We All Voted on Election Day

Today (November 6, 2012) my students had the opportunity to participate in a mock election by voting for a class president. There was a designated area in the classroom where students were able to cast their votes. Students used their school identification cards as registration cards and after their cards were reviewed by the teacher to assure a match in identification, students were clear to make their choices at the voting booth. This activity provided an understanding of the voting process, which lead to in depth discussions about the importance of voting and why we vote.





  After a day of voting with the students I rushed down to my local voting facility in my neighborhood to excercise my right to vote.

Ms.Carl is being checked in to make sure registration is listed.
Ms. Carl is walking to the poll area to cast her vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment